Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Service Desk and Firewalls

Highlighted
Elias Abboud
Acclaimed Contributor.

Service Desk and Firewalls

Hello everyone,

Where can I get a document detailing all the ports used by SD 5.0 and each port what is it used for?

Thanks in advance for any help
If you can't solve it, post it :)
4 REPLIES
MarkvL
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service Desk and Firewalls

Hello Elias,

â ¢ During a custom installation, you can specify all the port numbers you wish to use, including the port number for the Apache Web
Server. During a default installation you can specify only the port number you wish to use for the Apache Web Server.
Port 80: this is used by the Apache Web Server for internet communication. The default value displayed, for both typical and
custom installations, is 80. You can change this port number during both typical or custom installations, but this is not recommended.
The Apache Web Server is installed as part of the Service Desk Management Server installation.
Port numbers used for the database: if you wish to enter a value other than the default port number for the database you are using, you
must specify this by selecting a custom installation. Only a custom installation allows you to specify a port number for a database server.
â ¢ Port 30999: this is used by the Service Desk Client. Ensure that the port is not used by another application or blocked by a firewall. If you
are installing an upgrade, check that the Service Desk Management Server is not running.
â ¢ Port 25: the SMTP service should not run on port 25 if you intend to to use the Service Desk email interface.
â ¢ If ISS Services are configured, they should not use the SMTP service if you intend to use the Service Desk email interface.
â ¢ Port 30980: this is used by the Service Desk Load Object component for communicating with the Object Server.

Mark
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Ramaprasad N
Outstanding Contributor.

You may check the services tab of the object manager dialog, in OVSD 5.0.
Elias Abboud
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Thats exactly what I am looking for. One thing is that my customer wont open the ports on his firewall unless I get him an HP document detailing these ports. Is there such a document? where can I find it?

Thanks in advance for any help
If you can't solve it, post it :)
Ramaprasad N
Outstanding Contributor.

Please check the page 75 of the OVSD installation guide, for more details on the port numbers.