Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Service will not start

Highlighted
Craig R Taylor
Collector

Service Desk Service will not start

Hello all,

On our one development box we are running HP SD 4.5 SP 11. When the box comes up the service for the application server doesn't start up. Further more, it won't start when I try to start it through the services console. If I start it manually however it will start up successfully with no issues.

The event viewer shows the following errors when I try to start up Service Desk as a service:
---------------------------------------
The LoadLibrary function failed for the following reason: The specified module could not be found.
Could not load the Java Virtual Machine.
The hp OpenView service desk 4.5 server service failed to start.

Java version as follows:
java version "1.3.1_19"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1_19-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1_19-b03, mixed mode)

The Microsoft JVM was installed but I have removed it in an effort to try to troubleshoot this issue.

The reason I discovered this is that I have been doing testing for the upcoming DST changes. I have reverted back to the old JAR file and that hasn't made a difference. The service startup was working previously because I stopped the service to update the JAR file.

Any ideas?

Craig
You can observe a lot just by watching. - YOGI BERRA
2 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Service Desk Service will not start

Hi,

are you using the extended memory settings in the installservice.bat or sd_server.at files. On one system when using the extended memory settings we couldn't start the servcies. We had to drop the ettigs until the servcies would start ou use the default which started the services
Craig R Taylor
Collector

Re: Service Desk Service will not start

Just the defaults. Is there a way of confirming though?
You can observe a lot just by watching. - YOGI BERRA
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event