Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Service Desk Conconenation files not working (4.5 SP12)

Highlighted
Peter J Gray
Respected Contributor.

Service Desk Conconenation files not working (4.5 SP12)

Hi,

I had a problem today with concatanation files not working in Service Calls & the service stopped working for no reason. I fixed the problem by restarting the services on the application server but am trying to do some root cause analysis in case it happens again.There does not appear to be any problem with the rules setup. This also had a knock on effect with logged on users licence issues so would appreciate if anyone has any ideas on this.

Thanks,

Peter
2 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service Desk Conconenation files not working (4.5 SP12)

Hi Peter,

were there any errors logged in the logserver.txt file?

Do/did you have a lot of scheduled tasks loaded on the system?

Did both application servers lock up or just one?

When the application service was restarted did you look in the admin console to see if the previous client connections were dropped of if they still remained. If so in the past I have had to run the hp supplied scripts to clear down the sessions while restarting the service.
Peter J Gray
Respected Contributor.

Re: Service Desk Conconenation files not working (4.5 SP12)

Hi Mark,

No errors recorded in log file.

Scheduled tasks as in rules? Yes, there would be many. This will need to be reviewed & reduced

Previous client connections in Logged on user were not dropped. In fact this had the knock on effect of all concurrent licences being used. Resolved this easily though.

Only one of the apps servers had the problem. The apps server which runs SP did not have a problem & the rules for this ran properly.

I've kind of put this down to a services issue & a re-boot required on servers. Also the Database rules need to be cleaned up as does the log files so plenty for me to be do.

Thanks,

Peter