Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Change Module & Gantt view (HELP!)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Dean Haverkampf
Occasional Contributor

Service Desk Change Module & Gantt view (HELP!)

For the past year, the company has been using the change module with great success. In our IT Command Center, I'm currently displaying changes that will occur in the current day and I want to change the type of view to a GANTT chart.

Within OV SD, you can change to a "project view", select the type (Gantt) and then the project (Change).

I want to view all changes in a specific day, not just 1 change.

Help!

Dean-
4 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Service Desk Change Module & Gantt view (HELP!)

Hi,

I think you have to relate the changes to a project record for them to display in the gannt chart.
Dean Haverkampf
Occasional Contributor

Are all changes projects? I have a feeling that the answer *was* yes, but there must have been a change (ironic eh?) that altered this. I do find it somewhat interesting that in the Gantt view, I see the first 9999 "projects" and nothing else.

Is there some type of limitation to the number of projects in the system?

Can all changes be linked to one project thusly allowing for one uber gantt chart of changes?

Follow what I'm trying to do? Can this be done outside of HPSD?

Dean-
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Dean,

Projects are to changes what changes are to work orders. Simply put a project it is a container for changes. And there is more: Like you can predefine the order of workorder executions if you link them to a change, you can do the same by linking them to a project.

You can view a "project" like a release, numerous changes along with there work orders that their execution order is predetermined based on a master plan.

Btw, linking all changes to a project is a bad idea performance wise.
menes fhtagn
jaketyu
Acclaimed Contributor

wo yun!~
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event