cancel

Service Desk 5.1 Predecessor/Sucessor WO's on a Service Call

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jamie ODonnell
Trusted Contributor.

Service Desk 5.1 Predecessor/Sucessor WO's on a Service Call

Does anyone know why HP would release an out of the box template for Service Call "New Employee" which has nested templates with pred/succ relationships if it is not supported?

Has anyone manipulated the DB to make this work?

Does anyone have any other suggestions to make this work?
3 REPLIES
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Re: Service Desk 5.1 Predecessor/Sucessor WO's on a Service Call

Does anyone know why HP would release OVSD 5.1 AT ALL? (no, seriously!)

We have predecessor / successor WOs happening on Service Calls for our new hire/termination process. It takes a few business rules and the application of a custom .bat file that HP C&I gave us and Support won't touch. All things considered, its been a horrid experience.

Upgrading has been an excrutiating pain in the ass. Every service pack breaks the customization, so we just stopped applying service packs @ SP3 (not like new service packs makes the tool any better anyway).

Even on halfway stable days, we still have countless cases where the succession rules don't fire correctly. How many? Enough to make our performance metrics look bad, even though the work is getting done. And all the empty promises of sales reps and integration staff mean nothing to support, who could care less that a major process here has one foot in the grave.

My suggestion: avoid this kind of customization fervently, even if inconvenient.

Jamie ODonnell
Trusted Contributor.

Thank you for your reply! I am trying to put a good case together as to why we should stay away from this kind of customization but I am sure I will be over ruled...

Would you be willing to share the custom .bat file that HP C&I gave you?

My personal email is jamie.m.odonnell@gmail.com

Thank you!

-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

Well the main issue is we're on SP3 and we've had a different version of this file for every service pack we've isntalled. You should ask HP if they can get you a copy of "AutoWO.bat" for the SP level of OVSD you're currently on.