Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Service Desk 5.0 log files - what goes in each?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
danbiscuit
Trusted Contributor.

Service Desk 5.0 log files - what goes in each?

I notice that there are a lot of different log files in Service Desk 5 (in C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\data\log)

slm0.0.en_AU
OvsdMA0.0.en_AU
system5.0.en_AU
system5.0.en_US
system1.0.en_US
system1.0.en_AU

It seems it goes upto system8 in the series.. and the 2nd number increments also .. like ..
system6.1.en_US
system6.2.en_US
system6.3.en_US
system6.4.en_US
system6.5.en_US

Is there any official documentation that advises what goes into each log file? I have had a look and can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

The reason I ask is that there are a lot of errors in them, and I would like to know what information is being put into each log file.

I have attached a directory listing of everything in the log directory, as there is quite a fair bit of stuff in there!

Thanks,

Dan Spada.
2 REPLIES
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Service Desk 5.0 log files - what goes in each?

Hey Dan - can give you part answer. (Email me the rest when you work them out!).
The .1, .2 etc at the end I think is the rollover version. ie - when the log file reaches the size specified in (I think) data/conf/xpl/log/log.cfg, it rolls on to the next version up to Bin File Limit, Then it starts to re-use.

So far, I've found DB rule debugging (when you select the Debug option in a rule) is held in system1.x.en_AU.

Also on our system here, I notice every .....en_AU log file has a matching .....en_US log file, with exactly the same data in it. Don't know why.
HTH....Ken.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
danbiscuit
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Service Desk 5.0 log files - what goes in each?

Hey Ken,

I have a Service Call logged with HP, i'll let you know what I find out.

I'll also post it in this thread here incase anyone else searches for the same question.