The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk 4.5

Highlighted
Veronica_13
Super Collector

Service Desk 4.5

Hi, is there anyone out there still using SD4.5 SP4?
We are planning to upgrade to SP 17 or above. Just wondering if anyone has gone through that upgrade process from SP4 straingt to SP 17.

Thanks.
Veronica
6 REPLIES
Ashly A K
Honored Contributor

Re: Service Desk 4.5

hi!

Sorry....i have never done that. But i don't think there will be any issues.

Anyway, can you do a test first ? Or make multiple back up copies of your DB before trying anything.

All the best....
Ashly
http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Hi Verinica,

i searched for the readme file that is made avaialbe in every patch extract but unable to find the same. Just go through the readme file and you would have an idea. they would have mentioned the dependencies if any.

raman
Dwayne A

Veronica,

I have not performed an upgrade from SP4 to SP17. But I have done an initial install from CD and then upgrade to SP17.

Basic step are:

1. load binaries from CD.
2. run DBconfiguration Wizard to build new database.
3. install patch SDSK_0061 to server
4. run DBconfiguration Wizard to upgrade database to SP17
5. start server process

one thing to note, going from SP4 to any higher SP, the java client will update via the remote update function. it was introduced until SP12. I found this out going from SP5 to SP12.
Dwayne A

Correction

The java client will "NOT" update with the remote update feature until SP12 or newer

Sorry,

HTH

DWAYNE
Veronica_13
Super Collector

Thanks for all your responses.
We are yet to decide if we should upgrade to the latest 4.5 service pack or the new version 5.1
I am sure there are lots of issues to consider.
Dwayne A

Veronica,

I have had a call in to HP abut release date. This is the planned releate of V5.1.

Hello Dwayne,

My name is ******, I have been assigned to investigate your case.

Service Desk 5.1 is planned to be released by mid-August this year. Migration tools to upgrade from SD4.5 SP17 will be made available separately. Availability of these is planned for November this year.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any more questions on this subject.

Best Regards

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event