Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Service Desk 4.5

Highlighted
Hery Mulyawan
Super Contributor.

Service Desk 4.5

Dear All...

I need your advice to download the evaluation software for service Desk 4.5, our customer still using SD 4.5 in their machine.

If you dont mind please let me know the link to its documentation and software download,

Regards,
Hery
11 REPLIES
Radovan Skolnik
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service Desk 4.5

I think you can stil find documentation on HP site - look for legacy OpenView software. I doubt you can find any evaluation software - HP OV SD 4.5 has reached end of sale last year and will reach end of support at the end of this year.
Hery Mulyawan
Super Contributor.

Hi Radovan Skolnik...

Yes i have found the documentation, thankyou, but i still need the 4.5 version of evaluation software to simulate what should be done on customer maschine, i can't access their maschine rightnow.

do you have any idea?

Regards,
Hery
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

as Radovan pointed out OVSD 4.5 will be end of life shortly. With this in mind will there be any benefit for you in using it.

HP would be the first place to ask for the software - maybe they will provide you with a copy but they will be pushing users to SM 7.

There was a developer sitre where the software was availabel for download but the software does not seem to be there any more.
Hery Mulyawan
Super Contributor.

Hi Mark..

I understand the point, but the case is, our customer is not willing to upgrade it (at least for now), so the best thing i can do (for now) is to utilize the 4.5 version.

I've asked HP also for this software, but it takes some time, so it would be better if there is a link to download it.

Regards,
Hery
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

does your customer have the original install discs for OVSD 4.5? if so use them and download the latest SP that either they are on or that you want to test.
Hery Mulyawan
Super Contributor.

Hi Mark...

I believe they do.
But, due to administrative issue, it would be difficult to do that (for now), it involved several other vendor.

Regards
Hery
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

I will see if I have a link to where the software used to be but they are on another computer. Will have a look later for you.
Hery Mulyawan
Super Contributor.

Thankyou for your effort Mark, I really appreciate it.

Btw I agree if SD 4.5 become an OpenSource Software, just like the petition.

Regards,
Hery
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Hery,

as expected the old developement sites have been migrated. I can't find a site that has OVSD 4.5 available.
Does the company have the software copied to a share drive internally?

It comes with a 30 or 60 day evaluation if you install so you woudl get some mileage out of it.
Hery Mulyawan
Super Contributor.

Hi Mark...

Thankyou for your effort, I'm still lookin for other sources

Regards,
Hery
Hery Mulyawan
Super Contributor.

Hi All...

until now i still can't find any SD 4.5 software, anyone has it already ?

Realy need your help.

regards,