cancel

Service Desk 4.5 using different server Connection

Highlighted
Sailesh_D
Trusted Contributor.

Service Desk 4.5 using different server Connection

Hi,

I'm using Service Desk 4.5 with SP21.

I'm facing issue in connecting to the Service Desk application.

I have copied the Service Desk database from production server and restored it on Test Server.

In the Server Setting editor, i have pointed the database to the test server with the new user created in the database.

Now only one database connection is pointed here, i.e test server.
The database is also on the same test server.

Restarted the server services and also stopped the application server and started it.

When im trying to login the SD client from the test server, it is pointing to Production Server Database.While connecting i can see the IP of the Production Server.

However the confusion for me here is, I have tried logging in to service pages of the test server and it is connecting only to the test server as expected.

The problem is only with the client.
It has to connect to the test server, but it is connecting to the Production server.

If anyone who had come across this kind of situation, please help.

Your replies are very much appreciated.

PLease let me know if you require further information.
5 REPLIES
Jay Mistry
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Service Desk 4.5 using different server Connection

Hi Sailesh

Have you amended your client account to point to the test instance?

you can do this via start > programs > Hp openview Service desk 4.5 > client accounts

make sure your server name is that of the test server and not production

Jay
Richard Fredrik
Honored Contributor.

You can do this by adjusting the client setting in the "clients account" menu.

FYI i have added a document with screenshots
Rubem Andrade
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Sailesh,

Verify the option Join Multiple Servers. If this option is On, you may have your two servers online and the login may occurs in anyone. adm console -> Security -> Active Application Servers. However its possible to see both servers but if the option is off you only do the login where the client account definition server was set.
Rgds,
Rubem
Sailesh_D
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I have given the test server IP and only one database connection is set as default which is pointing to test server database.

when i start the application server using startserver.bat, i get a application server status window, in that if i go to connections tab and see server connections i can see the production server IP as well as test server IP.
But no where the production server ip is configured.

I have taken only the backup of the production server database and restored it on test server.

I have even tried completely re-installation of SD 4.5 and checked. It is the same...

stoney_2
Respected Contributor.

snap.

We have just migrated to a new sun cluster and now when i try to logon to test we got oracle errors. We have seperate client directories for PROD TEST DEV TRAIN and each dir has its own client files. I went into TEST directory and edited the user_settings.xml. change the
USEONLYTHISSERVER">false to true

As TEST had the dev servers in its ACTIVE APPLICATION SERVERS, We 4.5 sp21 as well.

I will now investigate underlying cause.

cheers

stoney

its a long way to the top if ya wanna