Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Service Desk 4.5 on SQL2000 SP4

Highlighted
Dusko Milosevic
Super Contributor.

Service Desk 4.5 on SQL2000 SP4

I had a problem with SD4.5 on SQL SP4 with W2k. Now I have installation on W2K3, and I have to use SP4 for SQL 2000. I am having the "failed to open connection to service desk repository" message when I try to do the database configuration wizard. Can you help?

Thank you.
Dusko MIlosevic.
4 REPLIES
Jonathon Druce
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service Desk 4.5 on SQL2000 SP4

At what point do you get the error message? Is it when you are creating the database user or is when you are upgrading or connecting to the database? If it is the later then you will probably find that the SQL user that you are using does not have the Service Desk database as it's default. If it is the former then the SA password that you are supplying is wrong.
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Dusko,

Please check the "Server settings wizard" and go to the Database Tab. There you can test the connectivity. Sometimes the DB migration from one system to another causes the DB password to get corrupted. I have experienced this earlier. I Suggest you reset the password of the sdesk DB user-login and put the same in the "server settings wizard".

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Dusko Milosevic
Super Contributor.

I solved the problem. When I updated the SQL Server 200 with SP4, the SP changed the login settings, so the SQL used only Windows authentification. When I changed those settings to both authentification mode, I could login to my dtabase. Thank you all for help.

Dusko Milosevic.
Dusko Milosevic
Super Contributor.

I`ve said it.

Dusko Milosevic.