The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk 4.5 Windows updates

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
wagdyhafez
Super Collector

Service Desk 4.5 Windows updates

i have SD 4.5 (sp17) some windows updates are required is it safe to do or not
-- attached the required updatees --
5 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Service Desk 4.5 Windows updates

HI
You can doing windows update or not, all depends from you. For SD 4.5 it doesn't matter, because application server working on Sun Java machine.

Vasily
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

if you eally need to test you can make an image of the server, put in on another server, apply the updates and test it out. Thats if you really want to test it.
wagdyhafez
Super Collector

ok for the security updates,but is there any problem if i update from explorer 6.0 to 7.0

thanks
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I don't see that there would be any issues. I ran the 2 together ok. Again if you are in doubt set up a test system and try there to be sure.
David Borojevic
Frequent Visitor

Hi there,

I think most SD admins would blindly install windows updates. As above posts mention, the app runs in the Sun Java environment and so likelihood of issues caused by Windows updates is low. Risk of not doing windows updates is high and so it becomes an easy choice. If you are nervous simply ensure you have backups etc. Note windows updates can alway be uninstalled anyway so backout is usually easy.

Cheers
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event