Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Service Desk 4.5 SP20

Highlighted
Kashif Masood_1
Respected Contributor.

Service Desk 4.5 SP20

Hello,

We are facing a strange problem while using the "quick Find" functionality. On our service call form we have a number of fields such as "End User", "CI", "Service" etc. If we type the first char ( or even more ) in the "End USer" field the Quick Find window is displayed with relevant data for selection and after making the respective selection the data gets posted into the field on the form, this is working perfectly fine however, when we do the same for a service i.e. type just a few characters for the service name and press the "tab" key the "quick find" for the service gets displayed but when we select the respective service we get "java.lang.NullPointerException" error on our form. If we click on the icon to the right of the field and make a selection of a the same service it works fine, its only when we use the quick find via the tab key and select the service it displys an error. Please comment. Regards, Kashif
11 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service Desk 4.5 SP20

Hello Kashif,

Can you reproduce this error on all clients or at a specific one?
menes fhtagn
Michel SILVA SO
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello Kashif,

did you try to "Purge Cache" and retry again?

Rgds,
Michel
Kashif Masood_1
Respected Contributor.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. We have deleted the contents of the "cache" folder in the c:\documents and settings\........" and the problem remains. This problem is being recreated on all the clients. Please advice. Kashif
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Kashif,

Try to stop the application server, empty it's cache and start it again.
menes fhtagn
Kashif Masood_1
Respected Contributor.

Hello,

I tried cleared the cache of the server, however, it did not resolve the issue. Regards, Kashif
Michel SILVA SO
Outstanding Contributor.

Did you restart the Applicaiton Server afterwards?

Rgds,
Michel
Kashif Masood_1
Respected Contributor.

I stopped the application server even the oracle db and then cleared the cache and finally restarted oracle and app server accordingly. Regrards. Kashif
Kashif Masood_1
Respected Contributor.

I stopped the application server even the oracle db and then cleared the cache and finally restarted oracle and app server accordingly. Regards. Kashif
Tim Schmitt_4
Honored Contributor.

Does this occur for all users or only users with specific roles? For example, does this occur when an admin account is used?

We've had problems such as this in SP17 which were caused by role only having view access for items in a specific folder.

Also, just to confirm, this is the Service Call module and not incident, correct?

We have Service Desk SP20 and I am unable to reproduce the problem you are experiencing.
Kashif Masood_1
Respected Contributor.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your responses and help. Posting these comments as it might help others as we have resolved our issue. The problem was with our UI rule where we had a condition for certain selective services ( we are using dynamic forms ) so whenever we selected those services where a dynamic form is present then no issue but when we select a service for which there is no dynamic form the error comes. To resolve this issue we incorporated in our UI rule ( for dynamic forms ) all the services. Regards, Kashif
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.

Kashif, you forgot one thing. People that helped you would be glad if you give them some points $)