Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk 4.5 SP20

Highlighted
Kashif Masood_1
Regular Collector

Service Desk 4.5 SP20

Hello,

We are facing this problem for the auto registration process of service desk SP Account. When we try to auto register an account using Service pages the account us created and an email is sent to the respective email address as per the person's record, however, the issue the username is set to search code ( automatically by the system ) and the password is also system generated. We would like to have the user name ( login name ) as to be the NT Login id ( which is also a field on our form and has valid data ) and the password to be something else for e.g "welcome123". Please advice.
Regards, Kashif
3 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Service Desk 4.5 SP20

Hi Kashif,

Have a look at the file RequestLogin.jsp which is the script invoked for this. I am not a java script expert but I am sure you should be able to see if you can alter these settings there.

If you cannot modify this to do what you want then I think it must be hard coded and you will have to set up the SP accounts yourself. I think that you could do this by using a spreadsheet and a data exchange import.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Jonathon Druce
Honored Contributor

Even worse it looks like this calls the createSPAccount method in the SDClientBean and that is compiled as far as I know. Why don't you sent the searchcode to be the NT login (unless your logins don't match the searchcode requirements.)
Kulaya
Acclaimed Contributor

Can i know wat r the two parameters that need to passed to the createSPAccount method.
Thanks in advance.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event