The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk 4.5 MOM Integration ACES Java error SP16

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Dawn Minnis
Occasional Advisor

Service Desk 4.5 MOM Integration ACES Java error SP16

Hi guys

We have SD4.5 app server installed on a W2K3 machine with a client, agent and mom integration also "extracted and patched". We have everything patched to SP16. When then go to Tools >> System >> File >> Aces >> Aces Import Wizard. We go to add the mom integration xml file, Click on Start Import but get a java.lang.nullpointerexception error. On our initial tests we discovered that if the system is not patched at all then it works with out any errors (very nicely in fact).

Our real system however is fully patched and we cannot revert back to an unpatched system. Is there anyone out there who knows why this error is happening and if there is a nice bug fix or tweak (maybe a a full list of instructions) we can do to get the mom integration setup - past the point of importing the xml file through ACES?

Please help me...

Kind regards
Dawn
4 REPLIES
David Borojevic
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: Service Desk 4.5 MOM Integration ACES Java error SP16

Hi Dawn,

I had the exact same problem with the HPSIM aces xml and someone helped me out.

Open the aces xml supplied and find SysVersion=. It will be near the top. You can paste in the version from SD Client Help About, Support Info tab.

Do it in test first - it should bring everything in OK. If not you might find an updated aces file for mom on the web, or fix any mistakes manually. I think we had to fix a couple of smart actions after importing the HPSIM aces xml.

Cheers
Anbu_2
Collector

Hi

The Same issue Here as well, Do u resolve it?

Secondly is it related to License

we do not have SLM license.

Thanks
Anbu
Anbu_2
Collector

Hi

It is resolved after changing xml file to exact version of OVSD Client

Thanks
Anbu
Dawn Minnis
Occasional Advisor

Hey David

Sorry it took so long to reply - we had a long list of red tape to go through before we could try the change on our system. That worked brilliantly. Wonder why this happens and why there is not something in the patch to fix the xml for MOM integration?
Thanks again - points deservedly awarded
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event