Service Desk 4.5 Integration with NNM 7.51

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
freebird (-.-)
Collector

Service Desk 4.5 Integration with NNM 7.51

Hello,
I am struggling with the Data Exchange between SD and NNM. Included in Service Desk is the NNM6.ini configuration file, which is written for Oracle. Does anyone have an .ini file that they might be willing to post that actually can do this with MS Sql Server?
10 points to any answer.

Thanks,
Rich
7 REPLIES
JaS_4
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Service Desk 4.5 Integration with NNM 7.51

Correct me if I am wrong, I thought NNM only works for Solid & Oracle databases.
I thought if you are using Solid, you are suppose to export to Oracle and then run the integration. Note: I have not done this before but from what I read in the forums here and there.
Dzmitryj Jakavu
Collector

I've tried to convert it to mssql format
The first query works. I'm not sure about others cause of ODBC problem/ I'm going to solve tomorrow. See attach
freebird (-.-)
Collector

Actually NNM supports all three formats for their Data Warehouse.

I even have a support call open with them about this, and they are completely lost.

The nnm6.ini that comes with Service Desk has good code in it. But it took me a whole day to come to the realization that it is for Oracle, not MS or Solid.
MS and Solid are my only options.

Surely somebody has been able to make tis work on MS SQL, or even Solid would be fine.

Later,
Rich
freebird (-.-)
Collector

Dzmitryj,
You code is great. Are you seeing that weird ODBC error that I am ? I notice some other guy on this forum is having the same problem

Section[SEGMENT]: SqlError: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Connection is busy with results for another hstmt
ErrorNumber: 5005

Thanks,
Rich
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

I found this guys.
Try it.
The ODBC connections on SQL-server does not support multiple sql statements at the same time and on the same connection.

To get this to work with Microsoft SQL Server ODBC connections, the following has to be added to the "[SYSTEM]" tag in the ini file:

USE_MULTIPLE_CONNECTIONS=TRUE

freebird (-.-)
Collector

Well, I'm making progress. I'm having syntax problems with the SEGMENT protion of the code.

[SEGMENT]
SOURCE= [NNM_SEGMENTS],\
[NNM_OBJECTS]

PARENT= NETWORK

PARENT_RELATION= [NNM_SEGMENTS].[NET_ID]=[NNM_ID]

ATT= [SEARCHCODE],\
[NAME],\
[NNM_ID]

COLUMNS= SUBSTRING( \
CASE \
WHEN ASCII(LEFT([NNM_SEGMENTS].[SEGMENT_NAME],1)) >= ASCII('0') AND \
ASCII(LEFT([NNM_SEGMENTS].[SEGMENT_NAME],1)) <= ASCII('9')) \
THEN 'SEG' + [NNM_SEGMENTS].[SEGMENT_NAME] \
ELSE UPPER(SUBSTRING([NNM_SEGMENTS].[SEGMENT_NAME], 1, CHARINDEX('.',[NNM_SEGMENTS].[SEGMENT_NAME]) -1)) \
END \
, 1, 40 \
, + [NNM_OBJECTS].[OVW_ID]) \
) AS [SEARCHCODE],\

[NNM_SEGMENTS].[SEGMENT_NAME] AS [NAME],\
[NNM_SEGMENTS].[NET_ID] as [NET_ID],\
[NNM_OBJECTS].[OVW_ID] AS [NNM_ID]

CONDITION= [NNM_SEGMENTS].[TOPO_ID]=[NNM_OBJECTS].[TOPO_ID]

The error I get is:
===============================================================
EXTRACTOR Started: 2007-05-11 12:14:28
===============================================================

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BEGIN : NETWORK ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Started : 2007-05-11 12:14:29
SqlQuery : SELECT SUBSTRING( CASE WHEN ASCII(LEFT("NNM_NETWORKS"."IP_NETWORK_NAME",1)) >= ASCII('0') AND ASCII(LEFT("NNM_NETWORKS"."IP_NETWORK_NAME", 1)) <= ASCII('9') THEN 'NET' + "NNM_NETWORKS"."IP_NETWORK_NAME" ELSE UPPER(SUBSTRING("NNM_NETWORKS"."IP_NETWORK_NAME", 1, CHARINDEX('.',"NNM_NETWORKS"."IP_NETWORK_NAME") - 1)) END , 1, 40 + "NNM_OBJECTS"."OVW_ID" ) AS "SEARCHCODE", "NNM_NETWORKS"."IP_NETWORK_NAME" AS "NAME", "NNM_NETWORKS"."TOPM_INTERFACE_CNT" AS "INTERFACE_COUNT", "NNM_OBJECTS"."OVW_ID" AS "NNM_ID" FROM "NNM_NETWORKS","NNM_OBJECTS" WHERE "NNM_NETWORKS"."TOPO_ID"="NNM_OBJECTS"."TOPO_ID"
Receiving MetaData : [0]=SEARCHCODE, [1]=NAME, [2]=INTERFACE_COUNT, [3]=NNM_ID
Export Columns : [0]=true, [1]=true, [2]=true, [3]=true

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BEGIN : SEGMENT ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Started : 2007-05-11 12:14:29
Loading Table in memory ...
SqlQuery : SELECT SUBSTRING( CASE WHEN ASCII(LEFT("NNM_SEGMENTS"."SEGMENT_NAME",1)) >= ASCII('0') AND ASCII(LEFT("NNM_SEGMENTS"."SEGMENT_NAME",1)) <= ASCII('9')) THEN 'SEG' + "NNM_SEGMENTS"."SEGMENT_NAME" ELSE UPPER(SUBSTRING("NNM_SEGMENTS"."SEGMENT_NAME", 1, CHARINDEX('.',"NNM_SEGMENTS"."SEGMENT_NAME") -1)) END , 1, 40 , + "NNM_OBJECTS"."OVW_ID") ) AS "SEARCHCODE", FROM "NNM_SEGMENTS","NNM_OBJECTS"
Section[SEGMENT]: SqlError: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ')'.
ErrorNumber: 5005

So to me it looks like we are loading our NETWORK section fine, but it does not like something in the SEGMENT section. Any ideas?

-- Rich
Larry J. Rice
Regular Collector

Looks like you have one too many ) at this line:
SEGMENT_NAME], 1, CHARINDEX('.',[NNM_SEGMENTS].[SEGMENT_NAME]) -1)) \

get rid of the last ) and try.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event