Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Service Center 6.2 Macro Notification Exchange 2007

Highlighted
Russell Dicks
New Member.

Service Center 6.2 Macro Notification Exchange 2007

Hi,
I am a novice when it comes to SC and have the following problem.

History
The SC system was implemented using a macro to send mail when a ticket is created / Updated. The macro sends a notification via smtp email to the assignee. Previously we had exchange 2003 and it all worked fine. Now that we have upgraded to Exchange 2007 it has stopped working. Mails to the users are still working.

In the scsmtp.log as well as on the smtp logfile on the exchange server I can see that the email is sent to "assignee" and not "assignee@domain.com" this is interpreted as a badly formatted smtp recipient for obvious reasons. The macro has not changed at all during the upgrade.

My assumption is that Exchange 2003 could resolve the assignee name (which is also the Windows Logon name (samaccountname)) to an email address and Exchange 2007 is not doing that.

I have opened a case with HP support but all that happens is I get asked for more and more information without any sense of a resolution.

I am hoping that I can get some help here.

Thanks
Russell
2 REPLIES
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service Center 6.2 Macro Notification Exchange 2007

Russel,
Can you please provide steps to reproduce?
Just kidding!

You've just posted in the OV Service Desk forum. You might wanna try posting in the right forum here:

OV ServiceCenter/Service Manager:
http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=695

The Pike
Russell Dicks
New Member.

Re: Service Center 6.2 Macro Notification Exchange 2007

yeh yeh LOL

Oops....tx