Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Service Calls does not show up in client

Highlighted
Andy Cravens_2
Respected Contributor.

Service Calls does not show up in client

I recently installed SD 5.1 on Solaris and the Service Calls object does not show up in any of the clients. I tried the web console and several other clients.

This server was originally running SD 5.0 and I tried (but failed) to upgrade to 5.1. I uninstalled SD 5.0 and deleted the Oracle database. I also deleted the /opt/OV and /var/opt/OV directory structure since the uninstall didn't get rid of it.

From there I installed a fresh new install of 5.1. This is the point at which Service Calls no longer shows up. I'm at a loss on where to look and support hasn't been much help either.

I'm wondering if I should uninstall and reinstall from scratch again.
3 REPLIES
Andy Cravens_2
Respected Contributor.

Re: Service Calls does not show up in client

I just uninstalled SD 5.1 and will reinstall tomorrow morning.
Andy Cravens_2
Respected Contributor.

Reinstalling doesn't fix this. However, I discovered that right after installing the server the Service Call object does show up. Then I install the client and Service Call is still there. After I install loadobject is when the Service CAll object disappears forever in the client.

Anybody know why installing loadobject would cause the Service Call object to disappear in the client? ...and how to fix it?
Andy Cravens_2
Respected Contributor.

Problem resolved. The solution was in the release notes for SD 5.1. This problem was the first issue listed under the Known Issues section and the solution was to implement the Xvfb virtual frame buffer.