Service Call with One Work Order

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Frank Pate1
Respected Contributor.

Service Call with One Work Order

Hello,
Good morning. I am inquiring about what is the "best practice" if you have one work order but yet it is a service call. Any info out there?
- Frank
3 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service Call with One Work Order

Hi,

do you mean if you have
a) 1 SC that is turned into 1 WO
or
b) 1 WO that is turned into 1 SC

a)Just assign the SC to the appropiate group. Workorders are used to split up tasks for the same request to be able to send them to different groups and have completed at different time

b)Is this a training issue. SR's for all requests. WO's only to assigm work

Basically a workorder should not be created unless it is needed and a SC exists and is related to it.
Frank Pate1
Respected Contributor.

Example: If a user calls and needs to have the paper unjammed from her printer. A service call would be created and the work would be done within that. If a work order needs to be created for the tech to go out to unjam the paper, why would I need to recreate a work order with the same redundant data as the service call???
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi Frank,

for that example I think it is enough just to log the SR and send the SR to the group to resolve it as there appears to be only 1 action required which is to unjam the printer. No WO required

If at any point in the life of the SC that multiple pieces of work are required to complete the task by different people or groups then create the WO's.

If a user requests 5 different user accounts to be set up for them this would require 1 SC and 5 WO's if the accounts are set up by different groups.