Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Call Notification Problem when date change.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
J.A.S.
Collector

Service Call Notification Problem when date change.

I have a rule that notifies when a ServiceCall is pass due (using the Finish Date) and it goes to the Sched.Task to schedule that notification...
But... If someone changes de Finish Date, the Service Desk sends 2 notification: One from the 1st Finish Date and another one later of the new Finish Date... How I can solve this? How I need to configure the rule to only take the new Finish Date to send the notification?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Service Call Notification Problem when date change.

Hi J.A.S

In the rule definition, under the condition, where you define the schedule validation, make sure to check the option only "Only Execute Once"

This will re-schedule the task everytime the Finish Data is modified.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
J.A.S.
Collector

Hi Err,

My rules have that "Only Execute Once" Check, the rule is:

When service call is created
OR When service call is modified
where NOT (Status (*) equals SolvedORRejectedORClosed, Schedule the validation of this condition at 1 minute After Limit Date, Only execute once)
Send Mail 100% (Send e-mail message) , Send to: [Assignment;To person;E-mail], Suject: CAU [ID] IS PASS DUE, Message: CAU [ID] PASS DUE

Update Flag 150 (Update Data) flgNotifica set to 1

But it if working wrong... It schedule the notification, but if I update the EndDate, it dosnt Re-Schedule the Notification.

Any idea?
Err_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Well,

From what I can see, the rule is not being evaluated when the End Date changes, only when Status is NOT:
Solved
Rejected
Closed.

So, what you are saying is that you want it to be "executed only once" when status value changes.

Because the rule is creating a schedule task ONLY when the status changes, then changing the End Date has nothing to do with this specific notification.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
J.A.S.
Collector

The rule is now like this

<-Rule->
When service call is modified
where NOT (End Date (*) is empty, Schedule the validation of this condition at 1 minute After End Date, Only execute once)
AND NOT (Status equals SolvedORRejectedORClosed)
Send Mail 100% (Send e-mail message) , Send to: [Assignment;To person;E-mail], Suject: CAU [ID] IS PASS DUE, Message: CAU [ID] PASS DUE
Update Flag 150 (Update Data) flgNotifica set to 1

I think this is going to work... Now I looking how to clear the scheduled task for the next 3 days.
J.A.S.
Collector

The solution was the one that I put on the last Reply.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event