Service Call Import SD5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Hanspeter Loche
Regular Collector

Service Call Import SD5

Hi Everybody

Does somebody know if it is possible to export Service Calls from one system and import it to another? I try to import a few service calls form a test system but although I exported and mapped all relevant columns I still get the error message: "This instance of can not be processed, because not all primary keys values have been provided."

I'm sure I exported all primary keys except the Service Call Id which probably generates the error. I assume on import the SC ID will be automatically created on the new system, so no need to export it. Or the SC import is not foreseen by hp.

What's your opinion? Thanks for any help.

Regards
Hanspeter
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: Service Call Import SD5

Hello Hanspeter,

In service call there are references to many entities (eg, codes, workorders, cis etc). Do they exist at the target system?
menes fhtagn
Hanspeter Loche
Regular Collector

Hi George

Thank you for your help.

Basically Yes, as the one DB is a copy of the other. I just try to test imports of Service Calls (SC). Later I would like to export SCs from a 5.0 system and import it on a 5.10 system - yes I dislike the upgrade method - but needs to know if that is possible in principle.

As we have many impacts in upgrading a 5.0 system the idea is to install a 5.10 from scratch and import the most needed data like CIs, Persons, Users and SCs

Regards
Hanspeter
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

SC is perfectly amenable to Import, we do it all the time for bringing calls from "alien" systems into HP SD.

Since you cannot set the ID field you would normally bring the old call number across as SOURCE ID and accept that a new number will be generated during the import. (You COULD then consider using SQL to transfer the old ID to the new but don't say I told you this!).

Exactly which field did you mark as the unique key in your test?
Hanspeter Loche
Regular Collector

Thank you for your information. I already imported the old SC ID into Source Id and made it as the only field mandatory. Unfortunately I get the error about missing key values. I cannot imagine which alse mandatory field could be meant.

Any other ideas? Thanks for help.

Hanspeter
Gerry Allardice
Honored Contributor
Solution

What the error is saying is that you have nominated a field as the unique key when you have set up the import mapping and are not suppying it in the imported data. You should probably have the SourceID marked as the unique key and supply it with the old call number. A sneaky little problem I have seen before to lookout for is if you use the same attribute twice in the import mapping. i.e you cant say map OLDCALLNO to both SOURCEID and then use it again to put into say OLDCALLNO.
Also watch out for importing a value called ID. It seems to be reserved and causes much trouble if you use it. So export the old ID as OLDCALLNO if you have called it ID.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event