Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Service Call, CI & SLA

Highlighted
Dominika
Frequent Contributor.

Service Call, CI & SLA

Hi,

I want to start a new service call in HPOV 5.1- I would like to fill only CI and after that the service, SLA, service level should fill automaticly (of course before that I match up right SLA, service level in CI form).

Could I do it so automaticly or maybe in every service call form I have to fill CI, service and also organization to get suitable SLA, service level?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dominika
4 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service Call, CI & SLA

Hello Dominika,

If SD 5.1 works like vanilla 4.5, then you can't do that. You see a CI can be used by many services, how SD could know what service to enter?

In SD 4.5 sp 19 or later (with unlimited custom fields) you can create a custom service for the ci, and then through in db/ui rule you can do what you want. But since 5.1 doesn't support unlimited custom fields it seems that you can't do that.
menes fhtagn
Steven De Smet
Honored Contributor.

Dominika,

A CI is not one to one related to Services, Service levels or SLA's.

The one missing item is on organization or customer. Typicaly they use services, IT provides and exists out of CI's.

The level of service is actual a flavour of the service we offer to one or more customers. They will have this agreed in a SLA.

That is why when you select an organization or customer with a service they use, the service level and sla can be automiticly filled in.
Dominika
Frequent Contributor.

Hi,

Ok - I understand your point of view.

But, after filling CI, I would like to have on my services list only services, in which that CI is used/managed by/supported by?

Can I do that?

You know, for CI I have different services. I do not want to let users to choose inappropriate services for their CI.

Dominika
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.

Your thinking is the opposite of the SD designers. Their thought is that you enter the person calling, and SD populates the organization. Then in the Service field you can view Services for that person or organizationto help select the Service. Then in the CI field you can select a view of CI's for that person, organization, or service. This should result in a much smaller list of CI's to choose from rather than starting with the CI.

Use of Templates is another way to populate these fields automatically.