Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial No uniqueness in New CI Generation

Highlighted
vikrant_2
Regular Collector

Serial No uniqueness in New CI Generation

Hi
I want to keep the serial no. filled in the CI Generation as unique. We have already kept the search code as unique.

SD 4.5 sp14 we have installed in our server
regards
Vikrant
4 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: Serial No uniqueness in New CI Generation

HI
Variants:
1. Use Action: sd_dataform -alwaysList "+Serial Number=[Serial Number]". Run Action by rule after field SN is changed.
2. Use web-api or other, build CGI or servlet where incoming value a SN and outgoing true/false. Use rule and Action update from external system. Script or Servlet must receive SN and scan a DB on SN exist or not and return value true/false. If true don't allow to save CI.
3. In DB set in SN field Unique, beliave possible resete back to non unique after SP update.

Vassili

Vassili
vikrant_2
Regular Collector

HI
Variants:
1. Use Action: sd_dataform -alwaysList "+Serial Number=[Serial Number]". Run Action by rule after field SN is changed.
2. Use web-api or other, build CGI or servlet where incoming value a SN and outgoing true/false. Use rule and Action update from external system. Script or Servlet must receive SN and scan a DB on SN exist or not and return value true/false. If true don't allow to save CI.
3. In DB set in SN field Unique, beliave possible resete back to non unique after SP update.

Vassili

Hi Vasili i am new in SD so if you can be more elaborate it will be helpful. Also the 2nd point I cannot do as it is a development activity and i am not a developer.
so pls tell how to go about in SD 4.5 and sp14 on windows to set serial no field unique.

thanks
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I haven't tried this but the following might work using UI rules and the operator "Is (exaclty)". Bear in mind that data imports won't be affected by UI rules so if you import data be sure that the serial numbers are unique.

Create a UI rule to copy the serial number to a custom field

Create another UI rule with the condition when Serial Number is exactly
Select "Field" and choose the custom field

Set the action you want - either a pop up notification and / or and action to clear the serial number field to allow the user put in something else that is unique.
vikrant_2
Regular Collector

HI can you let me know as to how to create the ui to copy serial no. to custom field as i didnot find any custom field in the selection. ALso pls be a little bit more elaborate in your solution.

Regards
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event