Sending Email when call is assigned

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Shanker_2
Regular Collector

Sending Email when call is assigned

Hi

I have SD4.5 and SD sends an email when a service all is assigned to a user. The assigned person gets the email but in the Message it has DESCRIPTION, from WORK GROUP,ADDITIONAL DESCRIPTION BUT NOT THE CALLER FIELD. How can i put the caller field in the email? morever I blocked all the Database rules but still I am able to get the Email.

I checked the system panel Email Host, there is nothing which matches to the emails I am getting.

So there must be somewhere in SD whic is triggering the emails?

Does anyone can help me please

Thanks

Shanker
7 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Sending Email when call is assigned

Hello Shanker,

There is a user defined option (Tools/Options) to send a notification mail to assignee when a ticket is assigned to her. To alter the template of this email go to Administrator Console/System Panel/E-mail. Go to E-Mail templates and modify Service Call Assignment Notification.
menes fhtagn
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

George - is that not the new way for changing e-mail with the later SP's and with the older SP's it was harder to customise the mails sent?

Shanker - what SP are you on?
Ryan Jenkins
Regular Collector

We are using SP13 which does not allow the customization of the message. We got around the lack of information in the e-mail by using a database rule to concatenate the information to the "Information from Sender" field. This field IS included in the auto-generated e-mail.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

thats good news. Another option with additional flexability is to uncheck the send email options in all the person records and set up DB rules to send emails
e.g. when status = closed or on reassignment etc.

You can add in what ever field is available to the rule and can control the sending a little better with conditiones in the rules

Downside is that you will be creating a number of DB rules for each item (Problem, change, SR's etc.)
Shanker_2
Regular Collector

Hi All

I would like to Thank all of you since every one gave me a good point.

There are SP on the system, that is the main problem. I told my boss so we will upgrade to SP19. I hope it should help us in lot of problems. But in meantime i tried to Disabel SEND ME EMAIL OPTION But still I am getting email. I dont know from where it is sending.

Secondly how do I concatenate Business rule with existing email? I created a rule to send email when call is assigned but it does not work. Still I get same standard email from servicedesk.

Thanks

Shanker
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Shanker,

If you are to upgrade beyond SP17 I'd say it's better to go to SP20 because it has some pretty interesting features that SP19 doesn't, like unlimited custom codes, notification when a ticket is opened/edited by another user, import/export custom views etc.
menes fhtagn
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Shanker,

I had the same problem with an auto email being sent when a call is assigned.

There is a field on the Person record called "Send me email when items are assigned to me". You need to ensure that this is not ticked.

Even if the field is not on the Person form, if it has been ticked then removed from the form, it will still be set and will still send emails.

Hope this helps.

PS. Be sure you look at all the Pros. and Cons. before upgrading past SP17.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event