cancel

Send wrong mail to wrong person in Change Process

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Judy Sun
Regular Contributor.

Send wrong mail to wrong person in Change Process

When we do a normal change, the notification mail will send to assignment person,when assignment person changed. But exceput the right mail we expected.There are other unexpected mail send out to a group of person unexpectedly about this change. And the group of person are not match any Workgroup set in OVSD. We have check the DB rule and can not find any problem. We wonder why it send wrong mail to wrong person? This occured in our production system. The version of OVSD is 4.5(SP12).
6 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Re: Send wrong mail to wrong person in Change Process

Hi,

Please check whether anyone has selected the 'Send me email when items are assigned to me' option (from the tools--> Advanced). If this options is selected, then an email will be sent to all the persons in the assignment WG, if no Assignment to person is selected.

Enabled the DB rule debugging and try to see which rule is sending the wrong emails. That will help in troubleshooting the problem easily.

-Ram
Judy Sun
Regular Contributor.

We have set the DB rule debug but haven't find out any clue about this. Actually we only have three DB rule for Change. And no DB rule is for sending the Wrong mail for change.
And everytime we set the assign to person when the process flow need change assign to person.
I can try to contact the person list who recieved the wrong mail whether they set their client as you mentioned.
Thanks! I will be back after check.
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Judy,

THe setting to receive email for assignments (or for approvals) is not on the client; it is in the database. So you can look yourself without having to ask the users.

If this is your problem, you may exercise control over this setting by removing it from the forms in use, or by making it hidden or read only.

-Josh
Judy Sun
Regular Contributor.

Hi,Ram
Thanks, it works after modify the OVSD client settings.

But can we block this from server side?
-Judy

Hi,Josh
How can I block this from DB?
I don't understand how to do like your suggestion: 'If this is your problem, you may exercise control over this setting by removing it from the forms in use, or by making it hidden or read only.'
-Judy
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Judy,

I did not mean that you could or should modify anything directly in the database. I only meant that the setting is physically in the database, and therefore can be set via any client - including yours. You do not need to make this setting on the client of the user concerned.

-Josh
Elias Abboud
Acclaimed Contributor.

Judy,

you can modify this in the form editor from the admin console.

also you can check if you can deny permission on this field from the roles in users & security part.

Hope this helps.
If you can't solve it, post it :)