Send to Email Address...

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Ryan Jenkins
Regular Collector

Send to Email Address...

SP 13, Oracle 9i Database

We're trying to set up an escalation method within OVSD for assignment. Basically when a boolean value is checked on the record (SC, WO, Inc or PbM) an e-mail is sent to a specific address for the assignee workgroup via a DB Rule. I thought I could do this by putting in a 255 custom field on the Workgroup and send the message to the address typed in this field. Unfortunately OVSD does not allow me to use this field in the To: field of the Send an e-mail database rule. Does anyone have a workaround for this?
4 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: Send to Email Address...

Hello Ryan,

Instead of trying to find this through the menu, just type it :)

For example to use the custom text field of the assignment to; workgroup then type at the To:

[Assignment;To workgroup;field name]
menes fhtagn
Ryan Jenkins
Regular Collector

We have tried typing in the custom field. The rule still executes, but no e-mail message is generated.
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Ryan,

Then there must be something wrong because I assure you that this thing work. We use it extensively. If there are multiple e-mail addresses, are they separated by "," ?
menes fhtagn
Ryan Jenkins
Regular Collector

Ah...this is my fault then. I was using ";" which is the Outlook standard. I didn't even think of using ",". Thank you very much for your assistance George.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event