cancel

Send an e-mail to all the related SC callers when I close an incident

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Claudia Tapia D
Respected Contributor.

Send an e-mail to all the related SC callers when I close an incident

I need to know (in version 4.5 of service desk) how to create a rule to send the same message to all the callers of all Service calls related to an incident.
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Send an e-mail to all the related SC callers when I close an incident

Hello Claudia,

Assuming that you want to notify ONLY the callers of service calls related to incidents then you 're going to need a custom boolean field in service calls, an incident db rule and a service call db rule.

Name the boolean "notify_caller".

Incident DB rule:
When an incident is modified update related service call's "notify_caller" and set it to true.

Service Call rule:
When a service call is modified and status=closed and "notify_caller" is YES then send the e-mail.

However there is no need for extra custom field and incident rule if you notify caller of ALL service calls (related or not to incident) when the service call is closed.

In this case the only think you must is create a rule like:

When service call is modified and status=closed then send the e-mail.
menes fhtagn
Claudia Tapia D
Respected Contributor.

Thanks for your response. I already create the boolean variable and the incident rule, but I cannot see it in the Service Call Module.

Is there any way to create the boolean variable applicable to all modules or at least Service call and Incident???

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello,

The custom boolean must be a Service Call custom boolean and not Incident custom boolean.
menes fhtagn
Claudia Tapia D
Respected Contributor.

Hello again, I've already create de custom field "Notify caller", in Service Call module applied for all categories but when I modify the incident rule in Incident Module, I cannot see the field as an option.

Thanks again for your help
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Claudia,

In the update data of the DB rule you must check "Select a related Item?" and from the list "Related Service Call(s)"

Then the SCall field will be available.
menes fhtagn