Send an e-mail fron Incident with the Service Call numbers related

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Claudia Tapia D
Respected Contributor.

Send an e-mail fron Incident with the Service Call numbers related

Hello again!

I need to send a notification e-mail from incident module with the reference of the related service call, but in the list of fields to display in the e-mail I cannot see the service call field. Is there any way to add it ??

THANK YOU
4 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Send an e-mail fron Incident with the Service Call numbers related

Hi there,

The only way that I know you can do this is to set up 2 custom text field on a an incident. Then have DB rules:

1 Triggered by something on a SC (this would need to be something which happens when you link to an incident) which does an update on related items incident to set its ID in the first custom field.

2. Triggered on the incident by something in the first custom field that then does a data update to use concatenate to add this number to the second one:
e.g. Custom2 set to
Concatenate(Custom1, WITH(Concatenate(", ", WITH Custom2)

Hope this gives you some ideas anyway,
Ruth

http://www.teamultra.net
Claudia Tapia D
Respected Contributor.

Hello Ruth

Thanks for your response to the other question.

I don´t understand very well this solution. Is it the same as the first question?? Could you please explain in more detail steps 2 and 3??

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Claudia Tapia D
Respected Contributor.

Ruth:

You said that custom fields could not be copied, but what about fields "to workgroup" and "to person" I need to copy this ones and I can't.

Thanks
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi Claudia,

I will try and give more details:

1. Go to Data>Custom fields>Incident and activate 2 custom text fields - the 255 ones would be OK. Call them "SC added" and "All SCs".

2. On a SC have a DB rule which is triggered by something which means you have decided to create an incident, and do a data update action as follows:
check the "Select related items" box and choose Relate dincidents from the list, choose the Attribute "SC added" from the list and then press the button to the right of Value. Clear the "Use related items" box and pick Attribute and choose ID.

3. On an incident have a DB rule as follows:
When incident created or modified, Condition NOT "SC added" is empty, action: data update as follows:
"All SCs" set to function:
Concatenate(Attribute "SC added" WITH (Concatenate(Fixed value ", ") WITH Attribute "All SCs"))

This will make field "All SCs" have the text "SC ID, SC ID, SC ID, SC ID"

4. On an incident have a DB rule as follows:
When incident created or modified, Condition NOT "All SCs" is empty,
Action: send email using field "All SCs"

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net