SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mohammed Albust
Honored Contributor.

Selecting callers' CI and Service

Hello,

OVSD 5.0

1- How can I set a configuration Item and a service automatically when selecting a caller? I already related each caller to his CI and service, but I want them to be selected automatically in a service call once I choose the caller.
6 REPLIES
jconsola20
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Selecting callers' CI and Service

I'm not really sure why you would want to auto populate the CI of a Service Call based on the caller. That will only work if the caller only uses one CI.
You can create a UI rule that will take the service from the CI and populate it into the Service Call when you enter the CI.
Mohammed Albust
Honored Contributor.

I'm trying to make it a one step process. Once I select the caller, his/her related CI and service get selected automatically based on the relation between Caller - CI - Service.
jconsola20
Outstanding Contributor.

Try creating a UI rule that looks like this:

When a value has changed
where Caller (*) is anything
Service and CI (Update Data) Service set to [Configuration Item Supported by service]; Configuration Item set to [Caller Per. CI 1]
Mohammed Albust
Honored Contributor.

Where did you get [caller per.CI 1] from? the only attributes (fields) i have for Configuration Item are subcontract for incidents and subcontract for service calls.
jconsola20
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

I have OVSD 4.5. That may not be an attribute in 5.0. I would think there would be something comparable in 5.0 though.
Mohammed Albust
Honored Contributor.

not possible in OVSD 5.0