Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Selected Item in Tree View changed after refresh

Highlighted
NabeelC
Contributor.

Selected Item in Tree View changed after refresh

Hi,

We recently upgraded to SP17. After the upgrade, whenever we hit refresh, the selection on the tree view gets reset to the top.

I noticed this was a change request ITSM008268 (listed on SP17 Summary). I don't have access to the ITSM page, so can't read exactly what it is.

Can anyone explain if this was a change request to change the functionality to this way or is this a bug that the change request is unsucessfully trying to change to the old way?

In the forum, I haven't seen anyone else complaining about this. Am I doing something wrong, i.e. can the selection be stopped from changing. If so, how?
3 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Selected Item in Tree View changed after refresh

Hi there,

I am not sure if this will help you but the details of ITSM008268 (see below) imply that it should be OK at SP17.

Since SP 16, after refreshing a view, highlight record is not the one before
refreshing.
How to reproduce:
Open one client, select one record (not the top one). After refreshing the view,
it is found that the highlight record is changed.
Fix
The current selected item will still be highlighted after refresh.
Solved in Service Desk 4.5 SP17.

On my SP17 system the selected item does stay selected.

Can you post a screen shot and check the SP level.

Regards

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
NabeelC
Contributor.

I'm pretty sure its SP17 installed. Attached is screenshot of login box and about box both showing SP17.

Also in the attachment is the tree view screenshots before and after hitting F5 to refresh.
NabeelC
Contributor.

Hi,

No one faced this problem? I was hoping someone could help me with this.

If it helps, all PC's (about 30 of them) have various version of Java 5 installed on them). But if I remember, the client uses MSJVM which is what we installed from the original SD Installation CD.

This thing is driving me crazy and everyone's breathing down my neck :(

Please help!