Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Security Roles does not work on workspaces correctly

Highlighted
Turan Atac
Trusted Contributor.

Security Roles does not work on workspaces correctly

Hi all,

I'm facing a strange problem on SD5.I'm defining a new role, let's name it as "testrole", with all rights given for all workspaces. And i give full right to an object, for example to incident object with full right and to all security folders. And i assign this role to a new defined user, let's name this user as testuser. When i logon to service desk console with testuser, I expect to see Incident button below "Service Desk" tab of workspace, but what i see is only a "Service Today" button, nothing else.

And there i found a strange solution. I've given only testrole role to testuser until this step, and i'm giving "System administrator" role test user, and logon logoff with testuser, see all icons with this admin priviledge. And then i take back "system administrator" role and hold testrole role on testuser, and logon again, and I see that I can see "Incident" button on Workspace with testuser.

I didn't test if other security rights are affected from such role changes, for example field visibility.

Furthermore i compared full database tables between the states previous and after giving&taking system administrator role, and i saw that there's no change, but only system related tables. So thought that it might be about cache. Also i purged cache after changing role but nothing was changed either.

I tested this on two systems with different database releases, but got the same result

Has anyone had such a problem, and now how can i solve it?

Thanks in advance..
4 REPLIES
HPOPV+
Honored Contributor.

Re: Security Roles does not work on workspaces correctly

hi,

I got the same problem and didnt find a solution :[
Turan Atac
Trusted Contributor.

I solved the problem with hp support team. It seems to be a bug of SD5, and to be resolved with SP1. There's a knowledge base article below.

http://openview.hp.com/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=QXCR1000302856

And workaround defined in this article is below:

{
Example:
Modify a role and add access to a template for Service call. Now login with an account that uses the modified role. The new template is not available for the user. Only after emptying the server cache, and restarting the management server:
1. ovc -stop ovobs
2. Clear server cache
3. ovc -start ovobs"
}

Default path for the server cache folder is "C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\data\datafiles\obs\OvObsServer".

But i saw that in some situations only cleaning server cache does not work sometimes, you should logoff from client and clean the client cache as well.
HPOPV+
Honored Contributor.

Thanx for your reply but it didnt work. Hope that sp1 will shows up very soon
Turan Atac
Trusted Contributor.

It did work for me. But i had to clean client cache also.

The release date of SP1 was told to me as past friday, but there's no sign about release. If there's no one about exact date about SP1 release date, i'd like to hear, because i'm waiting for it to go live on SD5. This case is not only the bug i found in SD5, there're three important bugs that affected my work massively.