The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Roles Audit and Export

Highlighted
Brendon Rowling
Occasional Advisor

Security Roles Audit and Export

Hi,

I'm looking for a way in Service Desk to export the configuration of a role for Audit purposes. EG for a role I need to list - Applied Field Security (read, write) / item, associated Actions, views, templates, Accounts etc. Is there anyway to export a role's configuration apart from simply viewing it via the Admin console or using the References Action? If not this should be added to a future service pack. Any feedback on how others have handled this issue is appreciated.

tks
1 REPLY
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Re: Security Roles Audit and Export

Brendon,

You can extract this information using SQL. To my knowledge, the views created by OVSD do not cover the relevant tables.

I can point you in the right direction, but I do not have the select statements already made.

The table with the roles is REP_ROLES. A certain number of other tables (or their corresponding views), end in "_ACCESS". Each of those tables will have a foreign key allowing you to join on the primary key in REP_ROLES. The only problem left is to decode the names of the objects that are java objects. I cannot put my hands on that right now - will get back later on this.

Regards,
Josh
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event