Did you mean: 

Searching on Services

Highlighted
Carlos_211
Collector

Searching on Services

Hi everybody.

I have a big problem.

In the form for a service call, there is a field in which you can select the service associated to the service call. But in this field, if you click in the icon on its right, it search for "services asociated to this caller" by default. I want to search in all services.

Search for all organization is posible in organization field by default, but not in service field.

How can I set this search criterium for services?

I enclose an image in with you can see where I want change the default search criterium.

I hope you can understand me..

Thanks a lot in advance
4 REPLIES
Carlos_211
Collector

Re: Searching on Services

No idea about this problem? Thanks anyway.
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Carlos,

I understand that you want to be able to select services to which the caller is not entitled.

Your solution is to entitle all your users to all your services.

If that is the reality, then configure your software to reflect it.

-Josh
Carlos_211
Collector

Thanks. I think that is the solution. But where sholud I do that?
- In person form, relate it with all services, or..
- In services form, relate it with all persons.

Which one is the field to use for that?

Thanks.
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Carlos,

Very briefly, here is how it works. A caller belongs to an organization. That organization is defined as the receiver of a service in an SLA. This is how users (callers) are entitled to services. You may also list individuals in the SLA record, but this can get extremely tedious and difficult to manage.

I strongly suggest your read the extensive and excellent documentation from H-P on the subject of services, entitlement and service levels - both in the printed guides and in the online help. The subject can get quite complex, but you need to understand it in order to use OVSD correctly.

-Josh
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event