The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching CI by Search Code in Service call page (quick find)

Highlighted
bharad

Searching CI by Search Code in Service call page (quick find)

I'm using SD 5.10 with SP5.
In Service Call / Change Request form, i want t o change the default search option. Meaning, i want to set "Name" as the field that the item is searched by when any user types a name and hits "tab" in the "Item" field.

The issue here is, i have a few items whose Search Code starts with a number (ex: 123 Server) and when users hit 123 and hit a tab, it picks up the Item name which has the "ID" 123 instead of the items whose Search Code starts with 123.

I checked in "Presentation->Search->Configuration Item-> Search By Field" set it to search code, Name etc.. but no luck.

Is there a way to do this?
1 REPLY
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Re: Searching CI by Search Code in Service call page (quick find)

You have done the correct thing but fallen foul of the weird way the code works. The reason the CI CODE field is not allowed to start with a number is because they still have code to treat numerics as OIDS.

Apparently, by switching to NAME you have confused this code into thinking "numeric means OID"

There is probably nothing to be done unless you care to change NAME to begin with "#" which is what we do for numeric CODES
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event