Searchcode made of numbers only

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
HPOPV+
Honored Contributor.

Searchcode made of numbers only

hi,
Am using SD5.1 patch1 on windows 2003 sp1.
Can i have a searchcode which is all made of numbers ?
for example:
Searchcode: 00283834
I tryed to make a dataexchange and all the searchcode wich are made of numbers didnt enter the CMDB.
Is there a workaround for this ?

Thanks
7 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Searchcode made of numbers only

Hi,

the search code for CI cannot start with a number 0-9 among a few other chanarters. I don't think you can change this as it is enforced by the application.
HPOPV+
Honored Contributor.

Hi,
thanx for the reply, but in SD 5.1, the search code can start with a number, but the thing is that can it be made entirely of numbers? thats my problem, since it is rejecting all the search codes containing only numbers..

Regards.
fgssl2
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

Seacrh Codes can start with numbers now, but they cannot be only numbers.

Regards,
F
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi
add one more custom field in form as Number and if wish can set name as Search code, but old rename to _Searchcode
Create one rule for summary string for Number + Category, then each CI will have in Original SERACHCODE 123456Server or 123456Workstation

Vasily
HPOPV+
Honored Contributor.

thanks for your replies,
But is there a way to make a workaround in order to import those number using dataexchange in the searchcode ?
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
Not see any problem, you can prepare this numbers and map this field in data exchange , if that need not for first time import but only one CI - use sd_event mapped to prepared Import mapping.
Believe I understand you.

Vasily
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

if you take Vasily's suggestion with the searchcode and category but apply it to your source data. if using an excel sheet for the import add an extra column that concatenates the searchcode with the category (or some other field that can add letters to the searchcode) and then import that as the search code.