The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search in History Lines (4.5)

Highlighted
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Search in History Lines (4.5)

Is there any way to search (advanced find or other) in history lines?

We would like to use the out of the box functionality, but have created a "journal" field to replace history lines, just so that we can search in it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Josh
8 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Search in History Lines (4.5)

Hi Josh,

You using sd_dataform: try

sd_dataform -ListAlways "" "History.Information[Contains]text you want to search on"

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

You can also TYPE these in advanced find.

History;Information
History;Subject
History;Spent Time
History;Registration;Created

Unfortunately Registration;Created by does not seem to work.

Gyula
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Ruth,

Thanks for the tip. How do you capture the terms for which to search? A Java program?

Gyula,

I am aware of this trick, but it simply does not work for me. When I type in, for example, History;Information, the operator and value fields are automatically erased, and they never become active again. This happens for both Incidents and Service Calls. We are on SP8 - could this be version related?

Regards,
Josh
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Josh,

The way I have done this is to have a text field which has the text I want to search on.

Then I had a smart action to issue the sd_dataform and I put it on an action button. If you take this approach you will hit an issue where when you put in the smart action the string
[Contains]
it looks for a field called Contains.
You can get round this by having (yet) another text field (say call it Parameters) where you concatenate in a UI rule the characters [Contains] with the string you want to search on.

then the smart action just has parameters

-ListAlways "Service Call" "History.Information[Parameters]

Hope this makes sense - just ask if it doesn't

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

Sorry Josh, I can't test. At the moment I don't have access to anything older than SP11. With SP11, as soon as the full name of the field is typed the operator and value fields become active again.
Nikita Mironov_
Super Collector

Dear colleagues,

Is there any way to search by Registration;Created by in Service Call History Lines using OVSD Client? If there is a way using SD_DATAFORM, can you indicate an example please?

Thank you.
Nikita
Nikita Mironov_
Super Collector

I got the answer to my question. Here is the example
sd_dataform -ListAlways "Support Request" "History.Registration.Created By.Display Name[=]Mironov, Nikita" "Number[>=]1234567"

the most interesting thing is that it lists the same Service Call several times (the number of Service Call occurrence is equal to the number of History Lines where my name was found :)

Nikita
Nikita Mironov_
Super Collector

FYI: after SP25 is installed the possibility to search in history lines should be explicitly ENABLED in Admin console.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event