Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sd Application Server not getting started

Highlighted
Harini.G
Collector

Sd Application Server not getting started

Hi,
I run Oracle 8.1.7 on Win 2000 Adv Server.

The application server is not getting started. When trying to connect to the database, the error is as below:

ERROR:
ORA-01034 Oracle not available
ORA-27101 : shared memory realm does not exist.

Kindly advise on the same on priority.

Thanks
Harini.G
2 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sd Application Server not getting started

Please check the oracle SID settings in your configuration. Also, verify whether Oracle is running properly or not.

NOTE: To perform this check, you may use SSE. Start --> Programs --> HP openview service desk --> server --> server settigns editor. In this dialog, navigate to the 'Accounts' tab, select the default account and click on 'Modify'. In the DB connections tab, check all the parameters/values and test the connectivity to the database with the 'Test' button. If the connection results in a failure, then it's confirmed that the problem is with the database itself. Check the oracle database. you may restart it blindly, if possible, as a troubleshooting method.
Harini.G
Collector

Re: Sd Application Server not getting started

Hi Ramaprasad,

Thanks a lot for the advise. Actually, we had changed the domain and hence the database was not getting connected. Now, I have done the changes and its working fine.

Can you pls help me on one more issue.....
I am working on setting up a DRP for the SD (SD 4.5 with Oracle 8i)server. Can u kindly let me know the steps and commands to replicate the database from the production server on the DRP.

Kindly help..............

Rgds
Harini.G

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event