Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Screen sesolution & form size

Highlighted
Terry A. Moir
Outstanding Contributor.

Screen sesolution & form size

We have a strange issue where 800 X 600 resoultion users don't get a scroll bar on the CI tabbed page "Relations" (Fields exceed vertical length of the screen). When I log on a System Administrator in 800 X 600 mode, I do get the scroll bar. We're at SD4.5, SP15 - WIN-XP desktop on WIN2K server with SQL database.

Anyone have similar issues or any suggestions?
6 REPLIES
Marc Hummel
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Screen sesolution & form size

I'd try clearing cache, or blowing away the folder and starting anew first. Just a thought.
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Terry A. Moir
Outstanding Contributor.

Both done to no effect. I also re-created the role from scratch with the same results.
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Terry,

Do the users with the problem have a different video card, or a different video driver ?

We have noted a lot of quirky behavior related to how the screen is drawn. In some cases, a video driver upgrade has resolved the problem.

-Josh
Terry A. Moir
Outstanding Contributor.

Same video card & driver.

Still unsure whether this is an environment problem or a Service Desk issue - see below.

Using the same workstation, when I log in as System Admin role I don't have the problem. When I log in as a normal user role, I have the problem. Appears the ability to re-size screens based on the PC's resolution is somehow tied to a role or rights?

Also, I note the problem occurs in our Production environment, but not in or Development environment, same monitor but different PC (although the PC's are configured the same).

Next step may be to copy the database from PROD to DEV to see if the problem follows or not, unless anyone else has other ideas how to troubleshoot this problem?

Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Terry,

Is it really a difference between the account or role, or is it rather a case of the first time you log in there is a problem, but the second time not (or vice-versa).

I would be surprised if the problem is in the database, but then again, I am surprised almost every day.

-Josh
Terry A. Moir
Outstanding Contributor.

OK - what I did this morning...

created a new role named TEST - full access to all fields. Found that 600X800 resolution works!

next, I set the folder access rights - no difference.

next, I set the CI field access rights (view & hide on a number of fields). Now I have the problem again.

My assumption is that the display height of tabbed pages is somehow impacted by the display height of (the main ?) page, set by the number of fields with write or view access.

When in system admin role, I see all fields of course, which is presumably why 600X800 works.

Is this a known issue? Outside of re-designing the form, anyone have any other ideas?