Scheduling an import in OVSD

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Theron Greenawa
Super Collector

Scheduling an import in OVSD

Ok vague question time, sorry...

We have several tasks under Data Exchange configuration that apparently import information we specified (I inherited the software so don't ask) from SAP into OVSD to create the OVSD person records.

My DBA's understand what is going on with the xml and ini files but none of can find out where these tasks are scheduled. Can anyone help? I cannot find any tasks sheduled in the OVSD application and i could not see any Windows Schedule tasks at all. Just looking for ideas...
4 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Scheduling an import in OVSD

Hi,

data exchange can be run from a command line.Check the operating systems scheduler to see if it is calling a file that runs the import.
The Pike
Honored Contributor

The problem is command-line dataexchange can be run from just about any box in the network where the Service Desk bits (server OR client) are installed, so it doesn't necessarily need to be the application server box.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

does the import / export logs record details of the file and location of the command line calling them? I can't remember.Maybe The Pike can confirm.
The Pike
Honored Contributor

The logs will be written locally :-D. And AFAIK, such info is not written to the dataexchange logs.

The Pike
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event