The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Tasks - SD4.5 SP4

Highlighted
Harini.G
Collector

Scheduled Tasks - SD4.5 SP4

Dear All,

This is regarding the alerts configured through DB rules.

We have alerts configured for deadline violations. Here even when the deadline is changed, the alert is triggered for the original deadline. Can something be done, so that the alert triggers only for the current deadline violation.

Rgds
Harini.G
4 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Scheduled Tasks - SD4.5 SP4

Hi there,

If you select the "Only execute once" box when setting up a scheduled task it should do exactly what you want.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Harini.G
Collector

Hi Ruth,

Execute only once is already enabled. Still we are having this problem.
Michel SILVA SO
Occasional Visitor

Hello Harini,

are you using the "Evaluate this rule when this field has been changed" check box for the "Deadline" Field in your criterion?

Normaly if the "Deadline" field change and if the Scheduled Task is based on this date it will be updated with the right date...

"Only execute once" needs also to be checked as told...

Rgds
Michel

Hello,

I was experiencing the same problem at our site. The task failed to reschedule with a java error in the serverlog.txt.
Talking to the hp support didn't lead to issue resolution and it looks like a known issue.
The solution I implemented was to create 2 cascade db rules for the violated deadline notification.

First rule validates the condition the deadline was reached and if so, changes value in a custom field I created for this purpose.

The second rule triggers at this custom field change and verifies again if the condition of the violated deadline was met. If so, sends the alert.

I hope this helps,

Ondra
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event