Scheduled Action?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
amt_1
Super Collector

Scheduled Action?

Hello,

Is there possibility to schedule an action in HP SD 4.5?

The task is to look for Service Calls in a system with empty Entered_by field and launch URL each time finding such Service Call.
The task should be performed once a minute.

P.S. I tried to use Shcedule Tasks in Administrator Console, but coldn't make any tasks :(
9 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Scheduled Action?

Hi,

crete a DB rule and you can set when the rule is fired when setting the conditions "Schedule the validation of this..." This will cause the scheduled tasked to be created.

Note the more schedueld tasks generated may cause an impact on the system (scheduling this every minute may generate a lot of these).
Also you canno delete any scheduled tasks unless you run sql directly against the DB (not support by HP but previous posts have discussed this.)
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

crete a DB rule and you can set when the rule is fired when setting the conditions "Schedule the validation of this..." This will cause the scheduled tasked to be created.

Note the more schedueld tasks generated may cause an impact on the system (scheduling this every minute may generate a lot of these).
Also you cannot delete any scheduled tasks unless you run sql directly against the DB (not support by HP but previous posts have discussed this.)
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

From your description I don't think you need to schedule this check, just have a DB rule as follows:

When SC is created or modifed
Condition: Entered by is empty,
launch url

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
amt_1
Super Collector

I tried to use DB Rule.

I created DB Rule - "when service call created or modified" with a condition - "entered by person account is empty". In addition I checked "Schedule the validation of this condition at 1 hour After Registration; Created"

But how I can create schedule to check UNTIL "entered by person" become filled with some value? So it could check every hour.

Moreover after creation this rule I didn't see any schedule tasks created automaticly in the system.
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

Entered by is a system field that will always be set when a SC is created if the account is associated with a person record. So it should only be empty if someone creates a call who does not have a person record. The entered by person field will not be amended after the call is created and so you will not need a schedule to check UNTIL "entered by person" become filled with some value?

So try the rule I suggested in the earlier posting.

May I ask why you want to do this?

Regards

Ruth
amt_1
Super Collector

Ruth, thank you for your answer.

But I really need a schedule. I'll try to describe you my case.

There is a helpdesk call center, which uses HP SD 4.5. Some Service Calls are created by agents manually. Others are created automatically by e-mail. In those Service Calls created by e-mail there are one field which leaves empty (i.e. Assignment. To person).

I have to build rule which looks for such Service Calls with empty "Assignment.To person" fields and launches URL and passes Service Call ID with this URL. URL launches call center script which simulates telephone call and makes screen pop-up for agent with appropriate service call. The thing is that there is rather big possibility of falling this script, so launch URL only once is not appropriate in this case.

Sorry for the long story :)
Hope you could suggest something.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

How about another approach not using scheduled tasks (Too many generated tasks may cause preformance issues).

Have a code field called Source of Call -(it may be there by default) with the codes of the sources of the call - e-mail, agent, phone etc.
Use the e-mail template to set this code field to "e-mail". Now you can isolate the calls reported by e-mail.

A DB rule can be set up to fire with conditions
When service call is created or modified
where
Source Of Call (*) equals E-mail
AND Assignment;To person (*) is empty
- do what it is you want to do.

This will not need to be scheduled as it will run once the call is created / modified and the conditions are met.
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi there,

Set up a custom date field to act as trigger and initialise this in the template to be the current date/time. Then try something like:

When SC is created or modified;
Conditions:
1. If assignement;to person is empty with the evaluate box CLEAR
2. Your custom date field is not empty
3. If assignment;to person is empty scheduled Period after Your custom date field (where period is the interval at which you wish to check)

Action:
1. data update: Set your custom date field to current date/time.
2. start up url

This approach should mean that it will keep trying every period until Assignment; to person gets a value.

Hope this helps

Ruth

amt_1
Super Collector

Thank you Ruth.
I configured all you suggested, but it works only 2 times after creation Service Call. The system launches URL only 2 times and then stops doing it.

Here is my DB Rule and Actions:

When service call is created or modified
where Assignment;To person is empty, Schedule the validation of this condition at 2 minutes After Custom Date
Set Custom_Date to Current_Date (Update Data) Custom Date set to (Current date),
Launch IE (Command Exec Action) , , Host: amtserver, Command line: "c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE", Parameters: www.hpsd.ru/placecall?id=[ID]
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event