Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSP+JCIFS randomly timeouted

Highlighted
liborj
Regular Collector

SSP+JCIFS randomly timeouted

Hello all,
I have problem with SSP pages (SD4.5 SP22) newly implemented at customer's site with JCIFS authentication against AD (MS cluster of Domain Controller).
We've uses this technology rather often successfuly but now we've net strange problem. The SSP Tomcat sometimes cannot connect to DC for authentication. This seems to happen at random times for all users and after few minutes is connection OK.
Have you ever met something similar? Do you have any advice?
6 REPLIES
Christian Nilss
Collector

Re: SSP+JCIFS randomly timeouted

Hi Libor,

I have some other issus regarding jcsifs.
How have you config your tomcat to allowing the browser to auth throw NTLM. Are u using mod_ntlm for that?

contact me if you like throw:
chni78@hotmail.com

regards
christian
liborj
Regular Collector

I'm closing thread, all is working now.

There is not used mod for Tomcat, just jcifs library.

Solution was: install the latest version of jcifs and also the latest JSDK 1.4.2 and thwn switch on preauthentication. I.e. fill valid domain login and password in web.xml by instruction on jcifs web page.
Christian Nilss
Collector

please, could u tell where to preauth switch, are u talking about inside Tomcat server.xml??

sorry, for my stupiedness

//Christian
liborj
Regular Collector

Nothing special is in server.xml.
In web.xml in sd-sp45 dir is configured NtlmHttpFilter. Preauthentication means that you specify username and password in filter parameters. Example you can find at http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/ntlmhttpauth.html.
Christian Nilss
Collector

thanx u saved my day...

I have never tried to set username and password before..(never thought its was a trigger for preauth.) I also read the doc as well. Nice!

kindly regards
christian
Karthic Madanag
Super Collector

Libor Janda,

I am trying JCIF Authentication in service pages. When i add the filter in web.xml, the application is not responding.

Please help me setting the filters. If possible brief me the way it has to be done and coded in login.jsp.

Regards,
Karthic
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event