Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SQL select statement in service desk

Highlighted
marwa5_1
Super Contributor.

SQL select statement in service desk

Hi All,
When I create views in service desk is it possible to know how the select statement has been created behind these views as we need to integrate the service desk with the business object.

Thanks
4 REPLIES
Mihai Tita
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: SQL select statement in service desk

Hi,

You can view all.

To create all HPOVSD view:
Admin Console -> Report Settings -> (Re)generate database views for reporting. . .

In HPOVSD database look for views in Views.
They are prefixed with v, and for show SQL code loook in Design View.

You can use these views for Business Object reporting. You only need to manage the fields.

Regards,
Mihai

marwa5_1
Super Contributor.

Hi Mihai,
I need to know how can I relate my view on SD client with DB data is there any reference code or number to simply identify my view?

Thanks
Marwa
Mihai Tita
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Client views (configuration views) are stored in Views.dat locate, for example, in C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk.
But I understand that you ned to obtain some reports, like views, by using Business Objects.
In order to obtain these reports you can use the views stored in HPOVSD database, or you can study the select statements for these views to understand them.

Regards,
Mihai
Sandeshp_1
Honored Contributor.

Hi Marwa,
As per my understanding with BO application, we cant integrate the views with BO application. I worked with my BO team before to generate the automated report from BO application. And we try out the same but no luck.
So, what we did is, we configured each table name w.r.t. field in BO and generate the required reports.

Hope this will help u.