cancel

SP30 Client 2008 Upgrade not happening

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

SP30 Client 2008 Upgrade not happening

Just installed SP30 on my previously SP27 system.

All components upgraded apart from Client 2008 which has stuck on SP27?

Do I have to do something special to get new client upgraded? (Like NOT having old client installed as well?)
7 REPLIES
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SP30 Client 2008 Upgrade not happening

I'll apply SP30 on top of SP29 on my sandbox today and let you know if I come across the same problem.

The Pike
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Mike,

I was able to upgrade all components without issue, including Client 2008 while having the old client on the same box.

The Pike
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

OK - thanks for trying - so I wonder why I am staring at an unusable client 2008 which still has SP27 files visible in its install folders!
Micheal Y
Trusted Contributor.
Solution

We're working on the upgrade to SP 30 right now and doing a small rollout of Client 2008 whilst we're at it. I'm bringing this up because it wasn't clear to me when I tried it, so I apologize if this seems overly simple. When you run the setup and get all of HP's pretty GUI stuff, the "Upgrade client" option only seems to upgrade the "old" client. You have to drill through the folder structure to find the Client2008.msp to update it. Not sure why they didn't add it to the fancy update screens.

Hope that helps.

Micheal
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

Excellent answer - why, oh why, do HP make life so difficult? Lets hope others see this thread when they realise "Upgrade client" does not include the new one! Thanks.
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

I don't know how you guys are doing the client upgrade but when I run the Service Pack executable, a browser window opens which gives the option to upgrade client 2008. See attached image.

The Pike
Micheal Y
Trusted Contributor.

Ha! That's too funny. It never occurred to me to run the autorun.html instead of the setup.exe from the extracted folder. That should teach me to use someone else's download/extracted files rather than going through it all from download to finish. The autorun.html gives the option for all the installs. Setup.exe skips Client 2008. Good to know for future reference.

Thanks, The Pike!

Micheal