Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

SP21 Database upgrade issues

Highlighted
Colleen Talbert
Super Contributor.

SP21 Database upgrade issues

I am trying to upgrade from 17 to 21 in my test environment and got through everything fine until the database upgrade. I keep running the database configuration wizard, which says it's successful, but when I try to log in with the client, I get the error that says the client and database aren't the same version (i.e. client=21, but DB=17).

Here's my 411:

DB: Oracle 9.2.0.6
JRE: 1.4.2_13

Not sure what else is needed, but let me know and I'll pass it on. At this point the only thing I can think of is that the db configuration wizard is not recognizing that upgrade is to SP21, not SP17. When I get to the "Prepare for database upgrade" screen, the version says 4.5.0588.1706, is this correct? Or should it indicate SP21? Or does SP21 not work with Oracle 9?

Thanks,
Colleen
3 REPLIES
uhyo
Honored Contributor.

Re: SP21 Database upgrade issues

Hi Colleen.

Please check "servicepack.jar".
(It is under %SD_SERVERHOME%\lib )
Is it correct file?

move it. And re-install servicepack 21 to AP server again.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Colleen,

I am sure you have but just to check. You are also upgrading the application servers at the same time to ensure that they are on SP 21 too?
Colleen Talbert
Super Contributor.

Thanks for the double check, Mark, but I did look for that. Never hurts to double check, tho. ;)

Uhyo's solution worked for me - I just moved the servicepack.jar file and everything upgraded perfectly.

Thanks!
Colleen