The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP problem with CI and service

Highlighted
Guy Metras
Super Collector

SP problem with CI and service

Hello all,
I am using SD4.5 SP10.

I created all the following for testing.
An SP account that point to a person.
That person point to an organization.
That organization has a folder and a single person, the previous.
I created a service that have 2 CI and an SLA.
I created a SLA that point to only this service,
a service level (a generic one) and the receiving organization is the previous.
I created a template for all SP creation that specify the service and SLA and CI by default.

Now when I log in with that account and try to create an new service call the service and CI are blank and no selection is possible. This of course prevent the creation of this new ticket.

I try with or without the template, same result.
I check that all of those item belong to the same folder. I eaven try without the folder.

What am I doing wrong !!!
7 REPLIES
Oguz Kutlu Asi
Honored Contributor

Re: SP problem with CI and service

Hi,

You have to relate CI(s) to persons or organizations in order to see them on new call page.
What's right is right, whether or not God exists
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Guy,

in the CI under the users tab you need to relate users to a particular CI in order for them to see the CI via Service pages.

Also I think if go into the CI under Users tab and CIorgs relate an organisation that the user is part of then the CIs for that Org are visable.

Check if you have to relate users to the SLA for them to see the service via Service Pages

Guy Metras
Super Collector

Thank you Oguz and Mark for your fast response.

Now I did not have a Users tab in the CI so I add it with the user item. I can now relate a user to a CI.

Now how can I relate an organization to a CI ?

Originaly i tought that the owner organization and owner user of a CI was triggering the relation.
Guy Metras
Super Collector

Ok found the CIorgs in the form and add it to the CI and it work fine now for User relation and Organization relation.

Now the Service is still not working.
Is it the same a relation that I do not have in a form ?
Guy Metras
Super Collector

I found an option in the Admin Console/system panel/General Settings Application Tab called search caller person in organization tree and the other one automatically invoke service quick find in service call.

Enabling these option is very important to provide the necessary information about people-organization and service.

This did not solve the problem of SP not showing the service list but enable me to create ticket in SP because of relation between the CI and the service.

I am still searching why I can not display the service. I hope someone has the solution.
Carol Hibbard
Honored Contributor

On an SLA associated with a Service, the Receivers tab must contain the SP Person name or SP User's Organization name.
Guy Metras
Super Collector

I found an option in the Admin Console/system panel/General Settings Application Tab called search caller person in organization tree and the other one automatically invoke service quick find in service call.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event