Hi All We have a strange behavior of our HP OpenView System V4.5 SP14 and MS SQL Server: For exactly one kind of Service Calls (SC) the mails system sends Base64 coded text in the mail body. The body also contains the text after the To: tag which is normally in the mail header. My idea is that this has to do with the amount of addressees. Is there a limitation within HPOV for e-mail text, either in KB or numbers of addressees?
We are also noticing odd behavior with outbound mail. Sometimes, our mail server rejects the mail because, it says, it is unable to decode the MIME type. When we remove certain characters in certain positions in the message, the problem disappears. These characters include diaesis (#), period (.) and the number sign (Â°).
What is strange is that other DB rules send email and have these same characters in exactly the same places in the message, but there is no error in sending the mail.
Obviously it is not an issue of HP OpenView. After investigating the exchange server logs we found out that there is a well written e-mail. The strange behaviour must be between exchange server and outlook client. So no work for HP guys :-) Thanks all for help Hanspeter