cancel

SMS intergrated with SD

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Gail D
Super Contributor.

SMS intergrated with SD

I am in the process of trying to intergrate SMS with SD CMDB. Does anyone know of any white papers or documentation on how to do this process? I am new at intergrating any external application with SD.
4 REPLIES
Anda Apine
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Re: SMS intergrated with SD

What do you mean by integration?

We have data loading form SMS to Service Desk every night. Is it what you need? This is only one way data flow.

General idea is
|SMS db| --> data has been gathered with help of sd_export using .ini file --> .xml file has been prepared. --> .xml file has been loaded to Service Desk using sd_import

It is similar like data loading from .xls or .txt files. Have you done it? Only difference is that source is database not file.

More information you can find in Data Exchange Administratorâ s Guide
Dan Ioan
Honored Contributor.

Hi Gail,
Indeeed, Anda is right. We cannot speak about SMS integration with OVSD in the same manner with OVO or NNM. You have to choose one of the following options:
1. To import data from SMS database via data exchange described by Anda or,
2. Create an interface between SMS and OVSD to carried out information stored in SMS database( based on a link defined in OVSD able to retrieve detailed information about HW/SW configuration items discovered by SMS in your network. This solution has some advantages. (eg. avoid creation of a huge number of relations between HW and SW CIs installed on).
Best regrads,
Dan
Gail D
Super Contributor.

Thank you both for the information. Yes, I have imported data from an excel file.

I assuming I will need to connect to SMS db via ODBC connect or do I connect directly to the SMS db?
Anda Apine
Honored Contributor.

Yes, you will need to make connection via ODBC connect. Win XP has driver for SQL Server - use it. Set configuration parameters: server name, username, and password. Select database name from list that will be provided. You will need user with select rights to SMS database.

Anda