I made some changes on that options menu but if I change the automatic service and sla retrieval option to "only form service field" (that's what I would like to happen), it just doesn't work.. Maybe I have the service, sla, service level and service definition designed the wrong way!
Since Service defination modelling is kinda rigid, and you can create a service based on it so it might not be wrong. I guess you might want to check the SLA associated with the service (it might have already been associated in your service defination). Now Can you also check if you have set the provider and reciever organization in your SLA Form. The person who is the caller in service call form needs to be part of the recieving organiztion and once his name is filled in the caller field, all the services he is entitled to are populated.
I really don't understand why it does not work. I have created two services and two sla's; associated all of them with a service definition. Each of the sla's have associated a schedule and a receiving organization. In the service call, I fill in a caller that belongs to the receiving organization. Nothing happens!! What am I doing wrong?? I attached the retrieval options.
Now I can I have two kinds of SLA's? One for the Service Desk to dispatch the service call and one for the service support to resolve the service calls? They have distinct support hours! Is it possible to have two deadlines?
- created two sla's (Service Desk SLA & Service Support SLA) - created two services (Service Desk Service & Service Support Service) - created two service levels (Service Desk Service Level & Service Support Service Level) - related all this objects to a service definition (service def) - related "service desk service" and "service support service" to the corresponding sla in the general tab of service - created two schedules.. one for service desk and one for service support.. then related those schedules to the corresponding sla in the schedule tab of the sla form - related the service levels to the corresponding sla in the field on the bottom left of the default sla form - added all organizations as receiving entities for both services and sla's - after that, I created a custom field of date type, and called it deadline service desk. Then I created rules so when the deadline is filled in, it's automatically copied to the new field (deadline service desk). By doing this I keep the deadline date for the service desk workgroup. Also created another rule that does this: when a service call is assigned to any workgroup that is not service desk, the service will change to service support, giving the original deadline another date and time (in accordance to the schedule of the service support, i. e., workgroups different from service desk). That way, I have the deadline for the service desk in the custom field I created and the deadline for service support in the original deadline field.