Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLM in Service Desk 5

Highlighted
fgssl2
Regular Collector

SLM in Service Desk 5

Hi,

I'm trying in SD5.0 to create a service definition that is associated with, services, sla's and service levels. I'm not getting it to work. The goal is to have two kinds of sla's:

1 - To set some deadlines for the duration of the call between the states "New" and "In Process", i.e., an sla for the time that the helpdesk takes to assign a new call

2 - To set some deadlines for the duration of the call between the states "New" and "Resolved", i.e., an sla for the time that a service call takes to be solved.

I've been testing and I cannot make Service Desk to fill in (in the service call form) the sla when I fill in the service.

And by the way, does it always have to exist a default service level?

Thanks,

Filipe
12 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: SLM in Service Desk 5

Hi Filipe,

Have you set the strategy for applying SLA's in OV Configuration>System Settings>Service and SLA retrieval Settings for Service call?

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
fgssl2
Regular Collector

Hi,

I made some changes on that options menu but if I change the automatic service and sla retrieval option to "only form service field" (that's what I would like to happen), it just doesn't work.. Maybe I have the service, sla, service level and service definition designed the wrong way!

Need help! :(

Thank you.
Hasim.Baba
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Since Service defination modelling is kinda rigid, and you can create a service based on it so it might not be wrong. I guess you might want to check the SLA associated with the service (it might have already been associated in your service defination). Now Can you also check if you have set the provider and reciever organization in your SLA Form. The person who is the caller in service call form needs to be part of the recieving organiztion and once his name is filled in the caller field, all the services he is entitled to are populated.

Regards,
-Hasim
fgssl2
Regular Collector

Hi,

Ok but is that a requirement for it to work? It's mandatory that there have to be some receiving entities or locations, so that the SLA can be automatically filled in?

Thank you,

F
fgssl2
Regular Collector

Hi,

I really don't understand why it does not work. I have created two services and two sla's; associated all of them with a service definition. Each of the sla's have associated a schedule and a receiving organization. In the service call, I fill in a caller that belongs to the receiving organization. Nothing happens!! What am I doing wrong?? I attached the retrieval options.

Thanks,
F
fgssl2
Regular Collector

Hi,

I got it to work.

Now I can I have two kinds of SLA's? One for the Service Desk to dispatch the service call and one for the service support to resolve the service calls? They have distinct support hours! Is it possible to have two deadlines?

Thanks,
F
Valentin F.
Acclaimed Contributor

can't you tell us how you've succeeded?
greetings,
vali
valentin_8
Occasional Contributor

so..you don't want to share with us how u succeed make it work, to have deadline on the Service Call calculated based on Service?

gr.
Dominika
Occasional Advisor

Filipe,

Could you share with us, how you configure HPSD to use two different SLA?

Regards,
Dominika
fgssl2
Regular Collector

Hi,

Well here's how I made it:

- created two sla's (Service Desk SLA & Service Support SLA)
- created two services (Service Desk Service & Service Support Service)
- created two service levels (Service Desk Service Level & Service Support Service Level)
- related all this objects to a service definition (service def)
- related "service desk service" and "service support service" to the corresponding sla in the general tab of service
- created two schedules.. one for service desk and one for service support.. then related those schedules to the corresponding sla in the schedule tab of the sla form
- related the service levels to the corresponding sla in the field on the bottom left of the default sla form
- added all organizations as receiving entities for both services and sla's
- after that, I created a custom field of date type, and called it deadline service desk. Then I created rules so when the deadline is filled in, it's automatically copied to the new field (deadline service desk). By doing this I keep the deadline date for the service desk workgroup. Also created another rule that does this: when a service call is assigned to any workgroup that is not service desk, the service will change to service support, giving the original deadline another date and time (in accordance to the schedule of the service support, i. e., workgroups different from service desk). That way, I have the deadline for the service desk in the custom field I created and the deadline for service support in the original deadline field.

Regards,
F
Dominika
Occasional Advisor

Thanks very much Filipe :-)

Now I see two different SLA, but I have another problem.

I could not see service status and service metric status, but I have information that last metric collection was successful.

Do you have any idea what I should do?

Dominika
fgssl2
Regular Collector

Sorry Dominika but I haven't "touched" on metric colection yet :(

Regards,
Filipe
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event