Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLM - Child Services cannot have another SLA - SD 4.5 SP21

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted

SLM - Child Services cannot have another SLA - SD 4.5 SP21

Hi all.

We wish to operate with different SLA's for parent and child services, for the same organization, but it seems that SD does not allow this. Does anyone have a clever solution they could share?

A scenario to illustrate the point:
Parent service: Order, SLA with ORG1, Service Level 5 days.
Child to Order: Urgent orders, SLA with ORG1, Service Level 1 day.
Child to Order: Special orders, SLA with ORG1, Service Level 3 days.
Child to Special orders: PC hardware, SLA with ORG1, Service Level 10 days.
Child to Special orders: Server hardware, SLA with ORG1, Service Level 20 days.

SD does not allow me to enter ORG1 for the child services.

Michael
4 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: SLM - Child Services cannot have another SLA - SD 4.5 SP21

Hello Michael,

It is possible to ADD new SLA for child services but you CANNOT relate them to an existing SLA.

It's a UI Bug.

An Service can be linked to Several SLAs but an SLA can have ONE exactly Service.

The bug is the existence of the "Relate" button in the SLA list of the Service View. You cannot "relate" an SLA since that means that the "Service" on this SLA should substitute the older service and this action is NOT allowed.

Furthermore since Service is a required field for the SLA you cannot make it empty!

The solution is simple: Either create the slas on the sla view, or open the service and press "Add" to create a new sla!

Don't forget the receivers!
menes fhtagn

Hi George!

Thanks for the useful info about the SLA's, I wasn't aware of that. However, I was not clear enough in my initial post, our problem is that we want to add the same receiving organization to the SLA of the child service. That's when we get "Organization XXXX has already been related to Service Level Agreement with ID YY which belongs to the current service structure".

Michael

George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Michael,

This is also correct. According to the Service Definition on the OVSD a parent service contains a child service. The difference between Parent->Child and Used->Used by is that a Child service could be offered alone while a Used service is just a component.

Example
Service A is ADSL Access
Service B is E-Mail
Service C is a Suite

The Suite offers E-mail and ADSL. Suppose that the policy is that a user can buy ADSL Access OR the Suite but not the E-mail alone

The relations between them is
C is parent of A
C uses B

Now, let's take SLA into account. A user can have an SLA for the Suite XOR an SLA for the ADSL Access, because ADSL Access is a part of the suite so it inherits its SLA.

If a user wants a specific SLA for ADSL Access then he must be user of the ADSL Access alone AND NOT the suite's

I hope that this post made things clear.
menes fhtagn

Thanks George!

That explains it.

Michael
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event