The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA with metrics

Highlighted
Raj_72
Collector

SLA with metrics

Hi,

I want to configure evaluation reports,for that i have to configure metrics with recurrence.I have alredy defined metrics part,now i would like to know the recurrence as well as MTBF.

Lets say i want to configure recurrence on monthly basis thn how can i calculate MTBF for that.

One more thing,if i want to configure three different type of metics on priority basis(High,medium,low),is it ok?

Thx in advance,

Raj
5 REPLIES
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

Re: SLA with metrics

You seem to be mixing 2 things: reccurence & MTBF. Reccurence only defines how often you evaluate the metric (once per month). All the metrics (whether it's availability or MTBF or anything else) are evaluated on reccurence base. That is SD takes all the events (Incidents/Service Calls) in the month being evaluated and calculates the requested value (in your case MTBF - that is "an avarage of delay between individual events").

For different metrics - well you're out of luck here. I mean the only thing on which you can distinguish events and have them influence different metrics is on Impact. That is you set an low threshold Impact and events with that impact or higher will get into the metric (for example if you set it to Medium then Medium, High and Top events will get in). So it's not Priority but Impact. However you cannot have one metric with only Low (because Low and higher would get here) , another with only Medium (because Medium and higher would get here), ... Also it was suggested here (and also I've seen it implemented in some kind of unofficial patch) that it would be very nice if some additional criteria could be used for managing how metrics are affected by events (the proposal was to add also Category as criteria).

R.S.
Raj_72
Collector

Hi,

Thx, i would like to clear this in a better manner.

I want to give SLA 99% for Availability in metrics option and recurrence is 1 month,so MTBF will be calculated on monthly basis only or can i also consider MTBF on weekly basis.

Regards,
Raj

HI Raj,

R.S is 200% correct.

For your requirement you can create 2 metric like

Monthly availability---Recurrence--Monthly
Weekly availabilty-----Recurrence--Weekly

so that you can see both monthly and weekly reports.

hope it clears your doubt.

Regards,
Keshav
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

Raj, you can have 3 kind of metrics in SD:

1. Availability
2. Analyzed performance
3. Planned performance

What you're talking about is part of Availability kind of metrics. In these you can set threshold for both Availability and MTBF (I probably didn't answer properly last time). So you create an Availability kind of metric, set threshold for Availability and MTBF and then you set the reccurence (but that will be valid for both of them as they're inside one metric). If you would like to calculate MTBF on weekly basis you could probably do following (needs testing):

create 2 availability metrics. In one you only set desired Availability (leave MTBF empty) and set its reccurence to 1 month, in the other leave Availability empty and set MTBF threshold only and set reccurence to 1 week.

Hope this helps.

Radovan Skolnik
Jorge Castilla_
Collector

Hi Radovan,

How do the other metrics work?:Analyzed Performance and Planning Performance.

Rgds,
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event